CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES (ARTISTS RESALE RIGHT) REGULATIONS 2006. Under the legislation enacted by the Government in June 2006, a royalty is payable to living artists of European Union nationality on all individual works sold for €3000 or more by persons or entities other than the artist or the artists agent. This royalty will be charged to purchasers on any lot marked + in the catalogue or on any applicable work of art by any living artists in this valuation which sells for €3000 or more. The applicable rate of 4% of the sale price applies to any work of art realizing from €3000 to €50,000.
1. Inspection: Ample opportunity is given for inspection
and each purchaser by making a bid for a lot acknowledges that be has
satisfied himself fully before bidding by inspection or otherwise as
to all the sale conditions, the physical condition of and description
of the lot including but not restricted to whether the lot is damaged
or has been repaired. Goods valuationed are usually of some age. All goods
are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description.
Illustrations in catalogues are for identification only. Accordingly,
as regards any lot in which you are interested, you undertake:
2. Property and Risk: The property in a lot shall
not pass to the buyer until he has paid the purchase price in full but
each lot is at the sole risk of the purchaser from the fall of the hammer.
Each purchaser shall forthwith give his full names and permanent address
and if called upon to do so by the Valuationeer, shall forthwith pay to
the Valuationeer such proportion of the purchase price as the Valuationeer
may require. If the purchaser fails to do so, the lot may at the antiques
sole discretion be put up again and resold.
6a. Vendors agree that the antiques may deduct the agreed commission from the hammer price of lots which are sold and to charge the purchaser commission an additional premium in addition to the hammer price. All vendors agree to pay any additional cost or charges associated with their lots, incl.but not limited to, theft insurance, haulage and storage, colour/black and white photography, and that these charges are to be deducted from any sale proceeds in the instance of sold lots or invoiced seperately in the instance of unsold lots at each valuation. Vendors of unsold lots who do not forward payment for invoiced charges associated with lots which they have entered for valuation within seven days of recieving this invoice authorise the valuationeer to add such charges to their account and further to deduct these charges from any future sales.
11. All commission and telephone bids are only accepted at the senders risk. The antiques can accept no liability arising for errors associated with remote bids and bidders are urged to attend the valuation and bid in person. We will be pleased to execute bids on behalf of intending buyers, and no charge is made for this service. Lots will be purchased as cheaply as permitted by the other bids and reserves. All bids must be submitted to the Valuationeer by 4:30p.m. on the day preceding the valuation, and should be entered on the forms provided. All commission and telephone bids are accepted only on the condition that they are at the senders risk and are confirmed in writing. Bank references are essential. With regard to this service the antiques accept no responsibility for items not viewed, whether or not a condition report has been given or not. Intending buyers should note that "live" telephone bids are normally limited to items with a lowest estimate in excess of €1000 (one thousand Euro), are subject to telephone lines being available on the day of sale, also that they are only accepted on the basis that they are at the senders risk since unforeseen errors can occur. Please refer to clause no.12 of the general conditions of sale.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest bidder to be the buyer, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the lot in dispute shall immediately be put up again and resold.
2. In the case of lots upon which there is a reserve, the Valuationeer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller.
3. All bidders and all purchasers to give their names and places of abode.
4. The lots to be paid for and taken away, whether genuine and authentic or not, with all faults and errors of description at the buyers expense and risk, within two days of close of sale; Valuationeer not being responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of or any default or defect in any lot, and making no warranty whatever.
5. To prevent inaccuracy in the delivery and inconvenience in the settlement of the purchase, no lot can on any account be removed during the time of sale, or until it has been paid for in full and the funds cleared by our bank. Where a part payment has been made, the remainder of the purchase money must be paid absolutely on collection of the item or on delivery within Ireland.
6. Upon failure of complying with the above conditions, the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited. All lots not cleared within the time frame aforesaid shall be resold by public or private sale, and the deficiency (if any) attending such resale, shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
7. Payment by cash or guaranteed cheque (as listed under sale information).
8. Purchasers to pay 17.5% valuation commission plus 21% vat on this commission
9. The Valuationeer acts only as an agent between the vendor and the purchaser, both accept that he/she has no direct legal responsibility with regard to any dispute involving any lot in this sale. We have an obligation to refund the buyer in the circumstances set out in clause 4 of Buyers conditions of sale. However, neither the seller nor we, nor any of our employees or agents, are responsible for the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any lot nor for any faults or defects in any lot. Neither the seller, ourselves, our employees or agents, give any guarantee in respect of any lot. Any warranty of any kind whatsoever is excluded by this cause.
10. The copyright in all images, illustrations and written material relating to a lot is and shall remain at all times our property and shall not be used by the buyer nor anyone else without our prior written consent.
11. If any part of these Conditions of Business is found by any court to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that part may be discounted and the rest of the conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by Irish law.
12. All commission bids and/or telephone bids are accepted only at the senders risk. The antiques can not accept any liability for any errors resulting from commission and/ or telephone bids and all such bidders hereby agree that by using this service theyhereby agree not to hold the antiques nor their servants nor employees liable for any loss and/or unforseen error resulting from the execution of nor resulting from anything relating to either commission and/or telephone bids left with the antiques prior to or at an valuation.
13. These Conditions of Business are subject to Irish law, which shall apply to their construction as well as to their effect. For our benefit, the seller and the buyer submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
14. All persons acknowledge, that prior to participating in any way at this valuation they have read and fully agree to be bound by all the conditions under which this valuation is held and that they agree that "Loughlin Bowe" will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from this valuation, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
15. The Valuationeer may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at anytime in its sole discretion.
16. Buyers are fully responsible for lots they purchase from the fall of the hammer however no buyer will consider themselves to fully be the new owner of an item they have purchased until they have confirmed that the item has been paid for in full and received a receipt of payment from us.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
back | TOP